This morning while I was signing in at the attendance book, a colleague said good morning and all. He (let's call him 'A) was with a new staff (named B).
It went something like this:
A: Morning kak!
Me: Morning..
A: Lama tak nampak, with me on leave, then you being on leave..
Me: Yeah lah. Hehe.. I was at home saja, tak pergi mana-mana pun
B: Nevermind la.. if ada anak-anak at home sure tak boring (probably trying to be friendly? :P)
Me: I takde anak-anak
B: Oh.. nevermind, husband ada got company at home right
Me: (finally looking at her face) I'm not married
B: Oh.. (LOLs.. she probably thought she stuffed her foot into her mouth eh muahahah!) Well, I always thought if there are children around it wouldn't be so boring. Would be much happier
Me: Really? I don't feel that way. Why must wait to have husband and kids then only be happy or not feel bored?
Whahahahaha..
Can't recall what else happened, but whatever lah kan.
* * *
I don't understand some people.
Why on earth would they imagine I would be happier if I'm married or if I have kids by now? Does it mean I'm not happy as I am? I would only be happy if 'I have certain things' or 'I do this and that' ? What nonsense!
Maybe they do have only good intentions.
But please, I don't need other people to judge my life, much less my happiness, based on their standards.
Being happy, or living a wonderful life does not necessarily mean one needs to fulfill specific conditions. For some people maybe having family and kids makes them happy, others are simply content being surrounded by love. For some others, perhaps it's having a good home and a good job. And for some others, it could be delicious food on the dinner table night after night. :)
It depends on individuals. Things that make you happy doesn't necessarily be as important to me.
* * *
Only 20-odd days only left in year 2008.
One friend asked himself: 'What have I achieved this year?'
Good question that one :)
Wednesday, 10 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
still got time to set and achieve small goals yam. hehe haapy new year.. 20 days in advance.
happyness is subjective la kak.... up to your definition. kita happy makan choc cake. akak?
:D
happy new year!
Dear Yam,
biasalah...pple tend to judge no matter what..Probably she wanted to create a conversation with you..however wrong choice of words la kan..:D
Anyways, live your life according to your rules...continue doing whatever that makes you happy ok!
C u tomrw..:)
=) how do we miss something we have never had? in this case how do we know that we will be much happier if we have kids, as we have never had any LOL. make sense?
well, i know you, as a person, you live by your own standards so i guess this is just another entry. one i like =) somehow, being single, a lot of people assume we are not happy eh?
funny thing is, if we talk about getting married, we come across as desperates (to them), if we talk about us being content as singles, they preach about how happy and complete life would be with kids. never ending =P
in conclusion, hehe, lets just live this life, as muslimah, seeking His approval, and His only =)
see ya soon, inshaAllah?
hhhmmmm... in this society, when people starts calling you "kak" they immediately assume that u r married with kids... IMMEDIATELY OK... no doubt abt that hehhehe... unless somebodi close to u then u r spared...
well... what an awkward condition 4 her since she's the new staff and all hehehehe... bak kata org tetua... ckp siang pandang2 hehehehe...
Acat: Happy new year! Salam to the senorita and tlm and lil' jj :D
Anne: Glad to bump into you last weekend! :) Happy new year to you and made and adam. Jumpa buku dinasor?
Nour: I akan kenyang bila ingat what we had for your farewell lunch! LOLs.. So much good food kan?
All the best at the new place, dear. New year, new place :)
Don't forget Linda and me kat RHB ni hehehe..
Sheils: Hugs! You've got it right on! How to miss things we've never have?
Hhehe..
InsyaAllah, see you soon
Mek Zha: Hugs too! Hope to see you soon juga ya.. :D
Post a Comment